So this is it… you’ve decided to propose, congratulations! but how do you choose an engagement ring? take a breath. and we’ll get you started.
First things first, let’s understand the options, choosing an engagement rings is based on several parameters:
- the type of engagement ring – will it be a diamond ring or a ring that is not embedded in a diamond but a gemstone.
- type of gold in the engagement ring- yellow gold or white gold.
- ring design – will it be a classic ring design (solitaire engagement rings), side stones or ring inlay in a unique design.
WE’VE COMPILED SOME WINNING TIPS FOR YOU TO HELP YOU CHOOSE YOUR ENGAGEMENT RING
- Engagement Ring Type – If you are not explicitly told otherwise, assume that like most women your partner will want a diamond-solitaire ring.
- Ask your future mother-in-law or your partner’s sister or her best friend – It is most likely that your partner told them about her preferences, as most women have a preference which engagement ring they would like to wear long before it happens, and as women they tend to share this dream with the women close to them.
- Most women prefer white gold engagement rings, and the reason is unclear. but it’s a fact that diamonds look prettier and shinier on white gold. Still to make an informed decision regarding the color of gold in the engagement ring, observe the jewellery she wears, is most of it yellow gold or white/silver gold?
- If your partner has a busy work life or travels a lot that could expose the engagement ring to damage, consider buying a ring in a secure placement, it is an inlay that embraces the diamond on all sides and thus protects it from damage. The chances of a diamond being damaged and falling are lower in this arrangement as compared to a standard placement.
- Ring Design – Each person has a unique style, same goes even for your partner. At Kanjimull and Sons – diamond jewellers, you can find latest engagement rings designs in a variety of settings.
Contact Us , and we will be happy to provide you with advice regarding diamond jewellery or gemstones, and a unique engagment ring design that our partner will cherish forever.